Monday, May 16, 2011

Volume 3 Issue 20: Two-Cent Economics

Crazy Talk

Sometimes, I wonder if or when I become that old, I will say some stupid nonsense like this.

“Chinese are looking to Penang, they want power; that’s why their judgment is different from Malays,” he said.

Dr Mahathir then insisted BN had already provided the Chinese community abundantly.

“BN has given a lot to the Chinese. Look at Kuala Lumpur; if not for Khazanah, what do Malays have? We are not asking a lot, we just want our small share,” he added.

I hate sounding emotional. I guess the first question that popped into my head was, what has BN given to the Chinese? I think no one wants anything that is actually "given" from anyone. We all want to be able to earn what we deserve under fair circumstances and opportunities. I think most of all, the Chinese community were not provided for and most definitely not abundantly.

Second of all, everyone who wants their share, should be willing to work for it. Why is it that he thinks people deserve their share without doing any work?

Last but most definitely not least, why is race an issue? Why shouldn't any "provision" be given to those who absolutely need it, and not be appropriated according to race? I guess what I am saying here is pretty obvious to some, but sometimes, old people are oblivious to crazy talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment